Faroe Islands Media Stats
- Fixed line and mobile phone subscribers > Per 1,000 people: Fixed lines are telephone mainlines connecting a customer's equipment to the public switched telephone network. Mobile phone subscribers refer to users of portable telephones subscribing to an automatic public mobile telephone service using cellular technology that provides access to the public switched telephone network.
- Households with television: Households with television are the share of households with a television set. Some countries report only the number of households with a color television set, and therefore the true number may be higher than reported.
- Internet > Internet users: Internet users.
- Internet > Internet users per thousand people: Internet users. Figures expressed per thousand people for the same year.
- Internet > Percent using internet: Percentage of individuals using the Internet.
- Internet > Users > Per capita: This entry gives the number of users within a country that access the Internet. Statistics vary from country to country and may include users who access the Internet at least several times a week to those who access it only once within a period of several months. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Personal computers: Personal computers are self-contained computers designed to be used by a single individual.
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Telephones > Main lines in use > Per capita: The total number of main telephone lines in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular > Per capita: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Television broadcast stations: This entry gives the total number of separate broadcast stations plus any repeater stations.
- Televisions: The total number of televisions
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; World Development Indicators database; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users (Calculated using penetration rate and population data from "Countries and Areas Ranked by Population: 2012" , Population data, International Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, retrieved 26 June 2013); Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users (Calculated using penetration rate and population data from "Countries and Areas Ranked by Population: 2012" , Population data, International Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, retrieved 26 June 2013). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; International Telecommunications Union. Source tables; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Internet World Stats, June 30, 2010; CIA World Factbook, December 2003
Faroe Islands Media Profiles (Subcategories)
|Internet 19||Telephones 4|
|Telecommunications 4||Telephone system 3|
Faroe Islands categories
|Cost of living||Health||People|