- Daylight Savings Time end date: Rules that determine the date on which daylight savings time ends. Clocks are moved backwards on this date.
- Daylight Savings Time start date: Rules that determine the date on which daylight savings time begins. Clocks are moved forward on this date.
- Full name: Full names (translated to english) of the United Nations member states, as of 2014. For a list of full names in the respective original languages of each country, check this link.
- Independence day date: Date.
- Land border length: The length of each country's land border. Islands are listed as having a 0.0 km.
- Length of border with Russia: Length in kilometers of each country's border with Russia. China, which has a border with Russia of 3,645 km, is not included. Russia has international borders with 16 countries, and a total land border of 20,241 kilometres (12,577 mi), making it the second-longest one of any country in the world.
- National anthems: National anthem.
- Neighboring countries and territories: The countries and territories neighboring each country. "L" means they share only a land border and "M" means they have only maritime boundaries. A blank means they share both.
- Number of maritime boundary neighbours: Number of states and territories with which each country shares a maritime border. Two countries separated from each other by a body of water have a maritime border with each other.
- Overview: A geopolitical overview of every sovereign country in the world, briefly examining their recent history and place on the global stage. The texts are taken from the BBC News website.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Daylight saving time by country (Daylight Saving Time rules); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states; Wikipedia: List of national independence days (List); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land borders (Land borders) (Note: land border lengths will vary depending on the scale by which they are measured, and therefore these figures without a source accompanied by an explanation of how they were measured and at what scale makes comparisons impossible; for more information see coastline paradox .); CIA World Factbook: Russia; Wikipedia: List of national anthems (Anthems of United Nations member states) ("List of Member States" . United Nations . Retrieved 2011-07-21 .); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land and maritime borders; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014
"Finland Background Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background
"Finland Background Stats, NationMaster." 1917-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background>.
'Finland Background Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background> [assessed 1917-2014]
"Finland Background Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1917-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background>.
"Finland Background Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1917-2014.
"Finland Background Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background (assessed 1917-2014)
"Finland Background Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background (last visited 1917-2014)
"Finland Background Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Background (as of 1917-2014)