- Airports: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control.
- Merchant marine > Ships by type: Merchant marine may be defined as all ships engaged in the carriage of goods; or all commercial vessels (as opposed to all non-military ships), which excludes tugs, fishing vessels, offshore oil rigs, etc.; or a grouping of merchant ships by nationality o
- Merchant marine > Total: 1000 GRT or over
- Merchant marine > Total > Dwt: Dwt=Deadweight tonnage, a measure of the capacity of a cargo ship
- Ports and harbors: The major ports and harbors selected on the basis of overall importance to each country. This is determined by evaluating a number of factors (e.g., dollar value of goods handled, gross tonnage, facilities, and military significance).
- Ports and terminals: This entry lists major ports and terminals primarily on the basis of the amount of cargo tonnage shipped through the facilities on an annual basis. In some instances, the number of containers handled or ship visits were also considered.
- Transportation > Note: This entry includes miscellaneous transportation information of significance not included elsewhere.