Born in 1929, veteran Pan Hellenic Socialist Movement (Pasok) foreign minister Karolos Papoulias was elected president by parliament in 2004, and again for a final five-year term in 2010.
The presidency is a largely ceremonial post, as executive power resides with the prime minister, but Greece's debt crisis has thrust President Papoulias into the political foreground as he tries to maintain a stable government in the face of public anger and a divided political class.
Head of state > Term limit for head of state:
Head(s) of state.
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- President: Government > Leaders > President
- President > Summary: Government > Leaders > President > Summary
- Prime Minister: Government > Leaders > Prime Minister
- Prime Minister > Profile: Government > Leaders > Prime Minister > Profile
- Prime Minister > Summary: Government > Leaders > Prime Minister > Summary