- Air transport > Passengers carried: Air passengers carried include both domestic and international aircraft passengers of air carriers registered in the country.
- Airports: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control.
- Airports > Per capita: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control. Per capita figures expressed per 1 million population.
- Airports > With paved runways > Total: Total number of airports with paved runways (concrete or asphalt surfaces)
- Gross value added by transport, storage and communication: Gross Value Added by Kind of Economic Activity at current prices - US dollars.
- Gross value added by transport, storage and communication per capita: Gross Value Added by Kind of Economic Activity at current prices - US dollars. Figures expressed per capita for the same year.
- Highways > Total > Per capita: total length of the highway system Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Ports and terminals: This entry lists major ports and terminals primarily on the basis of the amount of cargo tonnage shipped through the facilities on an annual basis. In some instances, the number of containers handled or ship visits were also considered.
- Rail > Railway length: Railway length in kilometers.
- Railways > Total > Per capita: This entry states the total route length of the railway network and of its component parts by gauge: broad, dual, narrow, standard, and other. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
Road > Motor vehicles per 1000 people:
Motor vehicles per 1000 people.
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Road density > Km of road per 100 sq. km of land area: Road density is the ratio of the length of the country's total road network to the country's land area. The road network includes all roads in the country: motorways, highways, main or national roads, secondary or regional roads, and other urban and rural roads."
- Road network length > Km: Length of road network in kilometers in European Union countries.
- Roadways > Unpaved: This entry gives the total length of the road network and includes the length of the paved and unpaved portions.
- Waterways: The total length and individual names of navigable rivers, canals, and other inland bodies of water.
SOURCES: International Civil Aviation Organisation, Civil Aviation Statistics of the World and ICAO staff estimates.; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; United Nations Statistics Division; United Nations Statistics Division. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Wikipedia: List of countries by rail transport network size (Long List); Wikipedia: List of countries by vehicles per capita; International Road Federation, World Road Statistics and electronic files, except where noted.