- Air > Airports > Countries with no airport notes: Remarks on countries without an airport within their borders.
- Airports: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control.
- Airports > Per capita: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control. Per capita figures expressed per 1 million population.
- Heliports: Total number of established helicopter take-off and landing sites (which may or may not have fuel or other services).
- Ports and harbors: The major ports and harbors selected on the basis of overall importance to each country. This is determined by evaluating a number of factors (e.g., dollar value of goods handled, gross tonnage, facilities, and military significance).
Rail > Electrified railway length:
Electrified length (km).
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Rail > Railway length: Railway length in kilometers.
- Railways > Total: This entry states the total route length of the railway network and of its component parts by gauge: broad, dual, narrow, standard, and other.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries without an airport (List of countries with no airport); CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Wikipedia: List of countries by rail transport network size (Long List)