- Rate of urbanization: Urbanization rate.
- Urban population: Total population living in urban areas. The defition of an urban area differs for each country. Future estimates are from the UN Population Division.
- Urban population per thousand people: Total population living in urban areas. The defition of an urban area differs for each country. Future estimates are from the UN Population Division. Figures expressed per thousand people for the same year.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Urbanization by country (Countries) ( United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs); United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.
Did you know
- Nearly a quarter of people in Monaco are over 65.
- Like living in cities? Guadeloupe, Nauru, Monaco, Singapore, Gibraltar and Bermuda are only nations that are 100% urbanised.
- If you like solitude, steer of Macau and Monaco. They have 15,000 residents per square kilometer.
- Happy birthday! The median Monacan turns 50 this year.