Neighboring countries and territories:
- Daylight Savings Time end date: Rules that determine the date on which daylight savings time ends. Clocks are moved backwards on this date.
- Daylight Savings Time start date: Rules that determine the date on which daylight savings time begins. Clocks are moved forward on this date.
- First human settlement > Date: Date or period of the first known or suspected human settlement within each geographic location listed. For further descriptions, please refer to notes.
- First human settlement > Notes: Description of the first known or suspected human settlement within each geographic location listed. For the date or period of the described settlement, please refer to the according date stat.
- First human settlement > Place: Location of the first known or suspected human settlement in each country.
- Full name: Full names (translated to english) of the United Nations member states, as of 2014. For a list of full names in the respective original languages of each country, check this link.
- Independence day date: Date.
- Land border length: The length of each country's land border. Islands are listed as having a 0.0 km.
- National anthems: National anthem.
- National identity card: Description.
- Overview: A geopolitical overview of every sovereign country in the world, briefly examining their recent history and place on the global stage. The texts are taken from the BBC News website.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Daylight saving time by country (Daylight Saving Time rules); Wikipedia: List of countries and islands by first human settlement (The list); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states; Wikipedia: List of national independence days (List); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land borders (Land borders) (Note: land border lengths will vary depending on the scale by which they are measured, and therefore these figures without a source accompanied by an explanation of how they were measured and at what scale makes comparisons impossible; for more information see coastline paradox .); Wikipedia: List of national anthems (Anthems of United Nations member states) ("List of Member States" . United Nations . Retrieved 2011-07-21 .); Wikipedia: List of national identity card policies by country (Countries with compulsory identity cards) (EU Directive 2004/38/EC); British Broadcasting Corporation 2014
Did you know
- Morocco's first human settlement is 190,000 years old. Antarctica wasn't settled until 1948.