- Fixed line and mobile phone subscribers > Per 1,000 people: Fixed lines are telephone mainlines connecting a customer's equipment to the public switched telephone network. Mobile phone subscribers refer to users of portable telephones subscribing to an automatic public mobile telephone service using cellular technology that provides access to the public switched telephone network.
- International voice traffic > Out and in > Minutes: International voice traffic is the sum of international incoming and outgoing telephone traffic (in minutes).
- Internet > IP addresses per capita: Number of IPv4 internet address allocated per 1000 residents.
- Internet > Percent using internet: Percentage of individuals using the Internet.
- Internet > Users > Per capita: This entry gives the number of users within a country that access the Internet. Statistics vary from country to country and may include users who access the Internet at least several times a week to those who access it only once within a period of several months. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Internet users > Per 100 people: Internet users are people with access to the worldwide network.
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Radio receivers > Per capita: Per capita figures expressed per 1 population.
- Telephone system > General assessment: A brief characterization of the system with details on the domestic and international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa.
- Telephones > Main lines in use > Per capita: The total number of main telephone lines in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular > Per capita: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Television broadcast stations: This entry gives the total number of separate broadcast stations plus any repeater stations.
- Television receivers > Per capita: Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Televisions: The total number of televisions
SOURCES: World Development Indicators database; http://www.iana.org/numbers; International Telecommunications Union. Source tables; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; International Telecommunication Union, World Telecommunication/ICT Development Report and database, and World Bank estimates.; Source: UNESCO UIS Data | UNESCO Institute for Statistics; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; CIA World Factbook, December 2003