Mamnoon Hussain was elected to the largely ceremonial role of president by parliament in July 2013.
He succeeded Asif Ali Zardari, who stepped down at the end of his five-year term as the first democratically elected president to complete a full-term in Pakistan. He took over from Pervez Musharraf, who resigned under threat of impeachment.
Mr Hussain is a textile businessman and a close ally of the prime minister, Nawaz Sharif. He has been a long-time member of the ruling PML-N party.
Head of state > Term limit for head of state:
Head(s) of state.
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- President: Government > Leaders > President
- President > Summary: Government > Leaders > President > Summary
- Prime Minister: Government > Leaders > Prime Minister
- Prime Minister > Profile: Government > Leaders > Prime Minister > Profile
- Prime Minister > Summary: Government > Leaders > Prime Minister > Summary