- FIFA World Ranking > Men: World football rankings, point totals, March 2006.
- FIFA World Ranking > Men per million: World football rankings, point totals, March 2006. Figures expressed per million population for the same year.
- FIFA World Ranking > Women: FIFA world women's ranking, total points.
- Olympic medals > Gold > Sydney 2000: Gold medals won at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
- Olympic medals > Total > Sydney 2000: Total of all Gold, Silver and Bronze medals won by each nation at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
- Summer olympic medals > All time: All-time Summer Games medal standings, based on The Golden Book of the Olympic Games. Medal counts include the 1906 Intercalated Games, which are not recognized by the IOC.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: All-time medal tally of Commonwealth Games; Wikipedia: 1954 British Empire and Commonwealth Games; Wikipedia: 1978 Commonwealth Games; Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA); Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; FIFA Official Website, December 2005; Wikipedia: List of International Cricket Council members; International Olympic Committee; Wikipedia: 1996 Summer Olympics medals per capita; The Golden Book of the Olympic Games; Wikipedia: 1999 World Championships in Athletics