- CPIA gender equality rating: Gender equality assesses the extent to which the country has installed institutions and programs to enforce laws and policies that promote equal access for men and women in education, health, the economy, and protection under law.
- CPIA policies for social inclusion/equity cluster average: The policies for social inclusion and equity cluster includes gender equality, equity of public resource use, building human resources, social protection and labor, and policies and institutions for environmental sustainability.
- CPIA property rights and rule-based governance rating: Property rights and rule-based governance assess the extent to which private economic activity is facilitated by an effective legal system and rule-based governance structure in which property and contract rights are reliably respected and enforced.
- CPIA public sector management and institutions cluster average: The public sector management and institutions cluster includes property rights and rule-based governance, quality of budgetary and financial management, efficiency of revenue mobilization, quality of public administration, and transparency, accountability, and corruption in the public sector.
- CPIA transparency > Accountability > And corruption in the public sector rating: Transparency, accountability, and corruption in the public sector assess the extent to which the executive can be held accountable for its use of funds and for the results of its actions by the electorate and by the legislature and judiciary, and the extent to which public employees within the executive are required to account for administrative decisions, use of resources, and results obtained. The three main dimensions assessed here are the accountability of the executive to oversight institutions and of public employees for their performance, access of civil society to information on public affairs, and state capture by narrow vested interests.
- Parliamentary elections > Registered voter turnout: The proportion of registered voters who actually voted.
- Parliamentary elections > Total vote: The total number of votes cast in the relevant election. Total vote includes valid and invalid votes, as well as blank votes in cases where these are separated from invalid votes. More information on valid, invalid and blank votes can be found at aceproject.org
- Parliamentary elections > Turnout: The number of votes divided by the Voting Age Population figure, expressed as a percentage.
- Parliamentary elections > Voter registration: The number of registered voters. The figure represents the number of names on the voters' register at the time that the registration process closes, as reported by the electoral management body.
- Parliamentary elections > Voting age population: International IDEA has chosen to use not only the reported registration rate to calculate turnout percentages, but also the voting age population (VAP) which includes all citizens above the legal voting age
- Parliamentary elections > Voting age population per 1000: International IDEA has chosen to use not only the reported registration rate to calculate turnout percentages, but also the voting age population (VAP) which includes all citizens above the legal voting age. Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.
SOURCES: World Development Indicators database; Source: Millennium Development Goals Database | United Nations Statistics Division; Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance 2003; Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance 2003. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.
"Tonga Democracy Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy
"Tonga Democracy Stats, NationMaster." 1991-2005. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy>.
'Tonga Democracy Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy> [assessed 1991-2005]
"Tonga Democracy Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1991-2005. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy>.
"Tonga Democracy Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1991-2005.
"Tonga Democracy Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy (assessed 1991-2005)
"Tonga Democracy Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy (last visited 1991-2005)
"Tonga Democracy Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tonga/Government/Democracy (as of 1991-2005)