- Mt Everest ascents > Duration 1953-2001: Mt Everest ascents 1953 - 2001
- Mt Everest ascents > Duration 1991-2001 per million: Mt Everest ascents 1991 - 2001. Figures expressed per million population for the same year.
- Olympic medals > Gold > Sydney 2000: Gold medals won at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
- Summer olympic medals > All time: All-time Summer Games medal standings, based on The Golden Book of the Olympic Games. Medal counts include the 1906 Intercalated Games, which are not recognized by the IOC.
- Winter olympic medals > All time: All-time Winter Games medal standings, according to The Golden Book of the Olympic Games. Medal counts include figure skating medals (1908 and '20) and hockey medals (1920) awarded at the Summer Games. National medal standings for the Winter and Summer Games are not recognized by the IOC.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: 2003 CART World Series Season; Wikipedia: 2004 Men's World Ice Hockey Championships; Wikipedia: 2005 Men's World Ice Hockey Championships; Wikipedia: 1999 CART World Series Season; Wikipedia: 1978 European Championships in Athletics; Wikipedia: List of international rugby league teams; Everest yearly ascents by nationalities, adventurestats; Everest yearly ascents by nationalities, adventurestats. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; International Olympic Committee; Wikipedia: 1996 Summer Olympics medals per capita; The Golden Book of the Olympic Games; Wikipedia: United States at the 2006 Winter Olympics; Wikipedia: 1999 World Championships in Athletics