|1||Costa Rica||51.2 kg||2000|
|13||Dominican Republic||2.1 kg||2000|
|=19||Czech Republic||1.3 kg||2000|
Interesting observations about Agriculture > Pesticide use
- All of the top 2 countries by pesticide use are Hot countries.
- All of the top 2 countries by pesticide use are Christian.
- All of the top 2 countries by pesticide use are Catholic.
- All of the top 2 countries by pesticide use are Latin American and Caribbean.
- Netherlands ranked first for pesticide use amongst European Union in 2000.
- All of the top 2 countries by pesticide use are Former Spanish colonies'.
- Germany ranked first for pesticide use amongst Cold countries in 2000.
- France ranked third for pesticide use amongst High income OECD countries in 2000.
- Finland ranked second last for pesticide use amongst Eurozone in 2000.
- Portugal ranked second for pesticide use amongst NATO countries in 2000.
- Sweden ranked last for pesticide use amongst Non-religious countries in 2000.
kilograms per hectare, is calculated by WRI by dividing the total pesticide consumption, measured in kilograms of active ingredients, by the total hectares of arable and permanent cropland.
Posted on 20 Sep 2011
The United States uses less pesticides per hectare than all the European Countries with GMO restrictions. We don't even register in the top 45.
Posted on 15 Apr 2014