Interesting observations about Crime > Females prosecuted
- Japan ranked last for females prosecuted amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 2002.
- United Kingdom ranked first for females prosecuted amongst High income OECD countries in 2002.
- 4 of the top 5 countries by females prosecuted are Heavily indebted.
- Germany ranked second for females prosecuted amongst European Union in 2002.
- Canada ranked third for females prosecuted amongst NATO countries in 2002.
- 3 of the top 4 countries by females prosecuted are Cold countries'.
- 12 of the top 18 countries by females prosecuted are Christian.
- Italy ranked second for females prosecuted amongst Eurozone in 2002.
- Czech Republic ranked last for females prosecuted amongst Non-religious countries in 2002.
- 2 of the top 3 countries by females prosecuted are European.
Countries with a high rate of females prosecuted also have a high <a href=/graph/cri_tot_cri_cap>total crime rate</a>.
<p>In all countries, the number of crimes committed by men far exceeds that of women. Thailand is the only country in the world with more than 20% of the prison population being female. The next four countries with a high rank for female prisoners are Bolivia, Qatar, Paraguay and Costa Rica. None of these countries is considered to have a high level of freedom for women.</p>
I do wonder if many if not most of these women who have been prosecuted were not just defending themselves or their children from a male attacker? If so and if she or her children were about to be raped or molester, she should be able to kill the male or males without the need to worry about being prosecuted