DEFINITION: Total primary energy supply TOE (tonnes of oil equivalent) per person (Year 2000).
Interesting observations about Energy > Usage per person
- All of the top 2 countries by usage per person are Former British Colonies'.
- All of the top 7 countries by usage per person are Christian.
- United States ranked first for usage per person amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 2000.
- All of the bottom 18 countries by usage per person are High income OECD.
- All of the top 2 countries by usage per person are Cold countries'.
- All of the top 2 countries by usage per person are Heavily indebted.
- All of the top 2 countries by usage per person are English speaking .
- All of the bottom 7 countries by usage per person are European.
- Canada ranked first for usage per person amongst Non-religious countries in 2000.
- All of the bottom 3 countries by usage per person are European Union.
Regarding world figures, the world consumes around 100.000 TWh year (EIA figures), equivalent close to 10.000 Mtoe....so, 1 Mtoe is equal to 10 MWh, not KWh as the Petroleum Engineers Society.
From another pÃ³int of view, the World Energy Council estimates in close to 900.000 Mtoe the fossil energy reserves which combined with 10.000 Mtoe of yearly consumption give us less thanh 100 years to do something with our fossil consumption.
Anyway, hope to help a little.
Multiplying by 43 MJ per kilogram and dividing by seconds per year, gives a conversion factor of 1.36 kW = 1 TOE/a. Thus total power per person is:
11.39 kW UnitedStates
11.13 kW Canada
8.73 kW Finland
7.88 kW Belgium
7.79 kW Australia
7.77 kW Sweden
7.77 kW Norway
6.63 kW NewZealand
6.49 kW Netherlands
5.79 kW France
5.63 kW Japan
5.63 kW Germany
5.30 kW UnitedKingdom
5.26 kW Ireland
5.05 kW Switzerland
4.96 kW Denmark
4.80 kW Austria
4.05 kW Italy
What is the TOE per person based on ?
I hope I am correct in assuming the statistic is based on one year per person, but I'd like to be assured of this.
1 tonne of oil equivalent = 11,630 kilowatt hours