Of the top 10 countries for the number of people who have ever used cannabis, five are also in the top 10 for rating themselves as <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_hap_lev_ver_hap>very happy</a> and the top 10 for <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_lif_sat>life satisfaction</a>. None are in the top 10 for countries with people who rate themselves as <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_hap_lev_not_ver_or_not_at_all_hap>not very or not at all happy</a>. Six of the top dope-smoking countries are also in the top 10 for <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_fru_jui_con>fruit juice consumption</a>. Four of the top cannabis-using countries were in the top 10 for <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_pol_act_att_a_dem>having attended a demonstration</a>, and five were in the top 10 lists for <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_pol_act_joi_a_boy>joining a boycott</a> and <a href= http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_pol_act_sig_a_pet>signing a petition</a>.
DEFINITION: Percentage share of people who have used cannabis, generally including people 15 and above. Different nations have, however, focussed their studies on different age groups. United States and Netherlands: data for years 12 and above. Greece: Data for ages 12 to 64. Australia: data for ages 14 and above. United Kingdom: data for ages 16 to 59. Germany: data for ages 18-59. Denmark and France: data for ages 18 to 69. Data for 1998 or 1999 in most cases. Germany, Poland, and Spain: data for 1997. Austria: data for 1996. Denmark, France and Ireland: data for 1995.
Interesting observations about Lifestyle > Cannabis use
- All of the top 3 countries by cannabis use are Former British Colonies'.
- All of the top 2 countries by cannabis use are East Asian and Pacific.
- United States ranked first for cannabis use amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 1999.
- New Zealand ranked first for cannabis use amongst High income OECD countries in 1999.
- All of the top 2 countries by cannabis use are Sparsely populated.
- United Kingdom ranked first for cannabis use amongst European Union in 1999.
- 20 of the bottom 23 countries by cannabis use are European.
- Ireland ranked first for cannabis use amongst Eurozone in 1999.
- Australia ranked first for cannabis use amongst Non-religious countries in 1999.
- 21 of the top 25 countries by cannabis use are Christian.
Drenge= Boys 37.7% of asked
Piger= Girls 28.4% of asked
Alle= Everyone 33.1% of asked
PrÃ¸vet nogensinde= Tried ever ^
Aldrig prÃ¸vet= Never tried 66.9%
Within last month= Boys=21.9% Girls= 16.9%
SO DNT SMOKE !!!! END OF STORY !!!