DEFINITION: Expense (current LCU). Expense is cash payments for operating activities of the government in providing goods and services. It includes compensation of employees (such as wages and salaries), interest and subsidies, grants, social benefits, and other expenses such as rent and dividends.
|12||South Africa||968.85 billion||2011|
Interesting observations about Labor > Expense > Current LCU
- Indonesia has had the highest expense > current LCU since 1997.
- All of the top 2 countries by expense > current LCU are Muslim.
- Grenada has ranked last for expense > current LCU since 2005.
- Iran has ranked in the top 2 for expense > current LCU since 2000.
- 2 of the top 3 countries by expense > current LCU are East Asian and Pacific.
- South Korea has ranked in the top 3 for expense > current LCU since 1990.
- 78 of the top 141 countries by expense > current LCU are Christian.
- 17 of the top 29 countries by expense > current LCU are Hot countries.
- Colombia has ranked in the top 4 for expense > current LCU since 2001.
- 6 of the top 15 countries by expense > current LCU are Landlocked.
- 3 of the top 7 countries by expense > current LCU are High income OECD.