Dominican Republic Crime Stats
- Assault rate: Number of assaults recorded by police per 100,000 population
- Crime levels: Level of crime. Based on 0-50 contributions for Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria and 82 more countries and 50-100 contributions for Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria and 24 more countries and over 100 contributions for Australia, Brazil, Canada and 17 more countries. The surveys were conducted by numbeo.com from July, 2011 to February, 2014. See this sample survey for the United States, respondents were asked "How serious you feel the level of crime is?". The higher the value, the more survey respondents believe it is high in their country.
- Drugs > Annual cannabis use: Estimate of percentage of 15-64 year old population who use Cannabis.
- Drugs > Opiates use: Annual prevalence.
- Justice system > Punishment > Capital punishment (last execution year): Year of last use.
- Murder rate: Homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants in various countries.
- Police officers: Number of police officers per 100,000 population.
- Robberies: Number of robberies recorded by police in that country per 100,000 population.
- Suicide rates > Suicide rate (both sexes): Suicides per 100’000 residents per year.
- Violent crime > Gun crime > Guns per 100 residents: Number of privately owned small firearms per 100 residents.
- Violent crime > Intentional homicide rate: Homicides per 100’000 residents. Homicide is the death of a person purposefully inflicted by another person (it excludes suicides) outside of a state of war. Homicide is a broader category than murder, as it also includes manslaughter. The exact legal definition varies across countries, some of which include infanticide, assisted suicide, euthanasia and deaths caused by dangerous driving.
- Violent crime > Murder rate: Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population.
- Violent crime > Murder rate per million people: Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population. Figures expressed per million people for the same year.
- Violent crime > Murders: Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population.
- Violent crime > Murders per million people: Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population. Figures expressed per million people for the same year.
SOURCES: European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control International Statistics on Crime and Justice, 2011; crime; https://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/WDR2011/World_Drug_Report_2011_ebook.pdf, World Drug Report 2011, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), 2011, p. 217.; Wikipedia: List of countries by prevalence of opiates use ("World Drug Report 2011" . United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 2011. "World Drug Report 2006" . United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 2006. http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/WDR_2009/WDR2009_eng_web.pdf); Wikipedia: Capital punishment in Europe (Abolition); European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control International Statistics on Crime and Justice, 2011; Wikipedia: List of countries by suicide rate (Suicide rates per 100,000 by country, year and sex (Table) ); Annexe I of the Small Arms Survey 2007 ; Wikipedia: List of countries by intentional homicide rate by decade; United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Source tables; United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.
Dominican Republic Crime Profiles (Subcategories)
|Fear of crime 9||Smuggling of migrants 6|
|Perceived problems 4||Suicide rates 3|
|Prisoners 5||Violent crime 6|