- Air force > Combat aircraft: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability).
- Army > Attack helicopters: Number of attack helicopter (includes helicopters that have some attacking capabilities).
- Army > Main battle tanks: Number of main battle tanks.
- Battle-related deaths > Number of people: Battle-related deaths (number of people). Battle-related deaths are deaths in battle-related conflicts between warring parties in the conflict dyad (two conflict units that are parties to a conflict). Typically, battle-related deaths occur in warfare involving the armed forces of the warring parties. This includes traditional battlefield fighting, guerrilla activities, and all kinds of bombardments of military units, cities, and villages, etc. The targets are usually the military itself and its installations or state institutions and state representatives, but there is often substantial collateral damage in the form of civilians being killed in crossfire, in indiscriminate bombings, etc. All deaths--military as well as civilian--incurred in such situations, are counted as battle-related deaths.
- Budget: Annual defense budget in billion USD.
- Global Peace Index: The Global Peace Index is comprised of 22 indicators in the three categories ongoing domestic or international conflicts; societal safety; and security and militarization. A low index value indicates a peaceful and safe country.
- Military service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of service obligation.
- Navy > Corvette warships: Number of corvettes.
- Navy > Nuclear submarines: Number of nuclear submarines.
- Navy > Submarines: Number of patrol boats (includes minesweepers).
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Personnel > Per capita: Armed forces personnel are active duty military personnel, including paramilitary forces if the training, organization, equipment, and control suggest they may be used to support or replace regular military forces. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of sevice obligation.
- WMD > Missile: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of missile weapons of mass destruction
- WMD > Nuclear: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of nuclear weapons
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List); Uppsala Conflict Data Program, http://www.pcr.uu.se/research/UCDP/.; http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index, Global Rankings. Vision of Humanity.; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel (The list); World Development Indicators database; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; The Nuclear Threat Initiative
"Egypt Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military
"Egypt Military Stats, NationMaster." 1985-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military>.
'Egypt Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military> [assessed 1985-2014]
"Egypt Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1985-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military>.
"Egypt Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1985-2014.
"Egypt Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military (assessed 1985-2014)
"Egypt Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military (last visited 1985-2014)
"Egypt Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Egypt/Military (as of 1985-2014)
Egypt Military Profiles (Subcategories)
- Egypt ranked second for personnel amongst Muslim countries in 2005.
- Egypt ranked first for weapon holdings amongst Hot countries in 2001.
- Egypt ranked second for manpower reaching militarily significant age annually > males amongst Heavily indebted countries in 2013.
- Egypt ranked #6 for manpower fit for military service > males age 16-49 amongst Former British colonies in 2013.
- Egypt ranked first for manpower reaching military age annually > males amongst Middle Eastern and North Africa in 2012.