- Internet > IP addresses per capita: Number of IPv4 internet address allocated per 1000 residents.
- Internet > Internet penetration: Penetration.
- Internet > Internet users: Internet users.
- Internet > Internet users per thousand people: Internet users. Figures expressed per thousand people for the same year.
- Internet > Percent using internet: Percentage of individuals using the Internet.
- Internet > Users: This entry gives the number of users within a country that access the Internet. Statistics vary from country to country and may include users who access the Internet at least several times a week to those who access it only once within a period of several months.
- Newspaper circulation: A newspaper's circulation is the number of copies it distributes on an average day.Circulation is not always the same as copies sold, often called paid circulation, since some newspapers are distributed without cost to the reader.
- Newspapers: Daily newspapers
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Telephone system > General assessment: A brief characterization of the system with details on the domestic and international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use.
- Television broadcast stations: This entry gives the total number of separate broadcast stations plus any repeater stations.
- Televisions: The total number of televisions
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; http://www.iana.org/numbers; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users ("Percentage of Individuals using the Internet 2000-2012" , International Telecommunications Union (Geneva), June 2013, retrieved 22 June 2013); Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users (Calculated using penetration rate and population data from "Countries and Areas Ranked by Population: 2012" , Population data, International Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, retrieved 26 June 2013); Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users (Calculated using penetration rate and population data from "Countries and Areas Ranked by Population: 2012" , Population data, International Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, retrieved 26 June 2013). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; International Telecommunications Union. Source tables; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Internet World Stats, June 30, 2010; UNESCO Institute for Statistics, March 11, 2003; CIA World Factbook, December 2003