- French status: Status of French language in selected countries. Additional information for Mauritius provided by the Ministry of Tourism website of the Republic of Mauritius
- Languages: A rank ordering of languages starting with the largest and sometimes includes the percent of total population speaking that language.
- Linguistic diversity index: LDI.
- Major language(s): Country major languages.
SOURCES: Ethnologue; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; Wikipedia: Linguistic diversity index (Rankings by country) (UNESCO World Report – Investing in Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Dialogue); British Broadcasting Corporation 2014
1. Sa Nation la means a male person of the black christian community.
2. Sa boug la(for male) is correct.
3. Safame la is a french word meaning " Cette femme la" which is correct for a female person, but Sapitin la means " a prostitute"- word which has been wrongly used for a female.