- Comprehensive National Power: Comprehensive National Power (CNP) is an index devised in the People's Republic of China, used to measure the general power of a nation-state. It takes into account both military factors (called hard power) and economic and cultural factors (called soft power). It's widely thought the main goal of contemporary China is to maximize the country's CNP, though by their own projections it's unlikely they will surpass nations like the USA, Russia, and the UK during this century.
- Date of recognition of Israel: Date on which Israel was officially recognized as a state. Note that some countries had a “de facto” recognition in place long before the legal recognition.
- Date of recognition of State of Palestine: Date on which Palestine was officially recognized as a state.
- Date of recognition of Syrian National Council: Date on which the Syrian National Council was recognized, at least as a legitimate representative of the Syrian people. For more information, please see http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Government/Foreign-relations/International-recognition-of-the-Syrian-National-Council-notes
- Diplomatic relations with Palestine: Indicates whether or not each country has diplomatic relations with Palestine.
- Diplomatic representation in the US > Ambassador: Name of ambassador to the USA.
- Eurasian Economic Community customs union public opinion: Percentage of surveyed respondents who indicated they felt either “absolutely positive” or “rather positive” towards the Eurasian Economic Community Customs Union (CU) and Single Economic Space (SES). The survey is carried out by Eurasian Development bank.
International recognition of the Syrian National Council notes:
Degree to which the Syrian National Council is recognized as a legitimate representative of the Syrian people.
- Recognition of Israel notes: Notes and remarks about the date on which Israel was officially recognized as a state.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Comprehensive National Power; Wikipedia: Foreign relations of Croatia; Wikipedia: International recognition of Israel (UN member states); Wikipedia: International recognition of the State of Palestine (Diplomatic recognition); Wikipedia: International recognition of the Syrian National Council (UN member states); Wikipedia: International recognition of the State of Palestine (Diplomatic recognition) (Either with the Palestinian National Authority, the Palestine Liberation Organization, or the State of Palestine. The institution is specified where known.); Wikipedia: List of ambassadors to the United States; EDB Integration Barometer – 2013. Presentation of second wave measurement results. EDB Centre for Integration Studies, September 2013