Russia Background Stats
Border with Ukraine:
- Countries named after legendary figures: Countries named after legendary figures and deities.
- Full name: Full names (translated to english) of the United Nations member states, as of 2014. For a list of full names in the respective original languages of each country, check this link.
- Land border length: The length of each country's land border. Islands are listed as having a 0.0 km.
- Named after legend: The legendary figure after which each country was named.
- National anthems: National anthem.
- National identity card: Description.
Name of tree.
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Neighboring countries and territories: The countries and territories neighboring each country. "L" means they share only a land border and "M" means they have only maritime boundaries. A blank means they share both.
- Overview: A geopolitical overview of every sovereign country in the world, briefly examining their recent history and place on the global stage. The texts are taken from the BBC News website.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries named after people (Countries named after legendary figures); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states; Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land borders (Land borders) (Note: land border lengths will vary depending on the scale by which they are measured, and therefore these figures without a source accompanied by an explanation of how they were measured and at what scale makes comparisons impossible; for more information see coastline paradox .); Wikipedia: List of national anthems (Anthems of United Nations member states) ("List of Member States" . United Nations . Retrieved 2011-07-21 .); Wikipedia: List of national identity card policies by country (Countries with compulsory identity cards) (EU Directive 2004/38/EC); Wikipedia: List of national trees (National trees); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land and maritime borders; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014
Did you know
- Russia borders 18 countries. China borders 17, including a border with Russia.