- Food and drink > Fast food > McDonalds > First outlet date: The date when the first McDonald's outlet opened in each country.
- Food and drink > Fast food > McDonalds > First outlet location: City or neighborhood of the first McDonald's in each country.
- Food and drink > Fast food > McDonalds > First outlet notes: Facts and peculiarities regarding the opening of a McDonald's in each country.
- Pets > Animal cropping (legal status): The legal status of animal cropping by country. Cropping is the removal of part or all of the external, visible flap of the ear of an animal. It is most commonly performed on dogs.
- Pets > Animal cropping ban or restriction date: Indicates since when animal cropping is banned or restricted by law. Cropping is the removal of part or all of the external, visible flap of the ear of an animal. It is most commonly performed on dogs.
- Sexuality > Sexually experienced 15-year-old boys: Boys.
- Sexuality > Sexually experienced 15-year-old girls: Percent of girls aged 11-15 years who report to ever have had sexual intercourse.
- Smoking > Tobacco vending machine legal status: This stat shows the legal status of cigarette vending machines, i.e. where they can be located, their requirements of use and the minimal legal age to purchase from them. Several countries have banned these machines altogether, with examples including France and several eastern European countries, like Estonia, Georgia, Croatia, Poland, Latvia and Lithuania.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries with McDonald's restaurants (Countries and territories with a McDonald's outlet); Wikipedia: Cropping (animal) (Status by country); Wikipedia: Virginity (Prevalence of sexually experienced 15-year-olds based on self-reports) (Godeau, Emmanuelle; Nic Gabhainn, Saoirse; Vignes, Ce´line; Ross, Jim; Boyce, Will; Todd, Joanna. "Contraceptive Use by 15-Year-Old Students at Their Last Sexual Intercourse Results From 24 Countries" . Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 162 (1) . Retrieved 14 January 2012 ., See here and pages 47-49 for views on what constitutes virginity loss and therefore sexual intercourse or other sexual activity; source discusses how gay and lesbian individuals define virginity loss, and how the majority of researchers and heterosexuals define virginity loss/"technical virginity" by whether or not a person has engaged in penile-vaginal sex. Laura M. Carpenter (2005). Virginity Lost: An Intimate Portrait of First Sexual Experiences . NYU Press . pp. 295 pages. ISBN 0-8147-1652-0 . Retrieved October 9, 2011 . A. Leigh, Jennifer (June 27, 2009). "Male Virginity Myths" . Psychology Today . Retrieved October 9, 2011 ., Bozon, Michael. 'At what age do women and men have their first sexual intercourse? World comparisons and recent trends'. Population and Societies 391 (2003) 1–4.); http://www.nuigalway.ie/hbsc/documents/godeau_2008_contraceptive_use_apam_1621_6673.pdf, Emmanuelle Godeau, Saoirse Nic Gabhainn, Celine Vignes, Jim Ross, Will Boyce, Joanna Todd, ARCH PEDIATR ADOLESC MED/VOL 162 (NO. 1), JAN 2008. p 2.; Wikipedia: Cigarette machine (Tobacco vending machine prevalence by country) ("Japanese smokers to face age test" . BBC . 2008-12-06 . Retrieved 2008-03-07 .)
Did you know
- England has the world's most sexually experienced 15 year old girls, followed by Wales and Scotland.