Tokelau Media Stats
- Internet > Hosts: This entry lists the number of Internet hosts available within a country. An Internet host is a computer connected directly to the Internet; normally an Internet Service Provider's (ISP) computer is a host. Internet users may use either a hard-wired terminal, at an institution with a mainframe computer connected directly to the Internet, or may connect remotely by way of a modem via telephone line, cable, or satellite to the Internet Service Provider's host computer. The number of hosts is one indicator of the extent of Internet connectivity.
- Internet > IP addresses per capita: Number of IPv4 internet address allocated per 1000 residents.
- Internet > Internet Service Providers: The number of Internet Service Providers within a country. An ISP is defined as a company that provides access to the Internet.
- Newspapers > Daily newspapers > Number of titles: Number of individual daily newspaper titles by country. "Titles" do not indicate companies, as newspaper companies can have different titles in different countries, regions and cities.
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Telecommunications > Telephone > Fixed telephone lines: Fixed telephone lines.
- Telephone system > General assessment: A brief characterization of the system with details on the domestic and international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa.
- Telephone system > International: A brief characterization of the system with details on international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa. Arabsat
- Telephones > Main lines in use: The total number of main telephone lines in use.
- Telephones > Main lines in use > Per capita: The total number of main telephone lines in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Televisions > Households with TV: Total number of households with a TV set.
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; http://www.iana.org/numbers; CIA World Factbook, December 2003; Internet World Stats, June 30, 2010; UNESCO Institute for Statistics. Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables
Tokelau Media Profiles (Subcategories)
|Internet 10||Telecommunications 4|
|Newspapers 8||Telephone system 3|
|Radio 6||Television 7|