- Labor force: The total labor force figure
- Labor force > By occupation: Component parts of the labor force by occupation.
- Labor force > By occupation > Note: This entry lists the percentage distribution of the labor force by occupation. The distribution will total less than 100 percent if the data are incomplete.
- Labor force participation > Employment to population ratio > Both sexes: Percentage of unemployed people out of total population able to work. Workers not able to work due to labor disputes, sickness and childcare do not count towards the percentage.
- Labor force per 1000: The total labor force figure. Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.
- Unemployment rate: The percent of the labor force that is without jobs. Substantial underemployment might be noted.
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.