- Justice system > Punishment > Capital punishment (last execution year): Year of last use.
- Prisoners: Total persons incarcerated
- Prisoners > Female: Female prisoners, expressed as a percentage share of the total prison population. Data for 2003.
- Prisoners > Per capita: Data for 2003. Number of prisoners held per 100,000 population.
- Prisoners per 1000: Total persons incarcerated. Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Capital punishment in Europe (Abolition); The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention); International Centre for Prison Studies - World Prison Brief; The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; Wikipedia: List of United States extradition treaties
- Tuvalu ranked 5th last for prisoners amongst Former British colonies in 2002.