United States Prisoners Stats
- Female: Female prisoners, expressed as a percentage share of the total prison population. Data for 2003.
- Foreign prisoners: Prisoners who are foreign nationals, expressed as a percentage share of total prison population. Data for 2003.
- Per capita: Data for 2003. Number of prisoners held per 100,000 population.
- Pre-trial detainees: The percentage of the prison population that is being held pre-trial / on remand. Data for 2003.
- Share of prison capacity filled: The percentage of the offical prison capacity filled. This is obtained by comparing the number of prisoners in a nation to the offical capacity of the nation's prison system. Data for 2003.
SOURCES: International Centre for Prison Studies - World Prison Brief
Did you know
- The United States has 88 guns for every 100 people!