United States Language Stats
- Languages: A rank ordering of languages starting with the largest and sometimes includes the percent of total population speaking that language.
- Languages > Note: This entry provides a rank ordering of languages starting with the largest and sometimes includes the percent of total population speaking that language.
- Linguistic diversity index: LDI.
- Major language(s): Country major languages.
- Spanish speakers per 1000: . Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.
SOURCES: Ethnologue; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; Wikipedia: Linguistic diversity index (Rankings by country) (UNESCO World Report – Investing in Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Dialogue); British Broadcasting Corporation 2014; Ethnologue. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.