Virgin Islands Health Stats
- Adolescent fertility rate > Births per 1,000 women ages 15-19: Adolescent fertility rate is the number of births per 1,000 women ages 15-19.
- Birth rate > Crude > Per 1,000 people: Crude birth rate indicates the number of live births occurring during the year, per 1,000 population estimated at midyear. Subtracting the crude death rate from the crude birth rate provides the rate of natural increase, which is equal to the population growth rate in the absence of migration.
- Births and maternity > Average age of mother at childbirth: Average age of mother at first childbirth.
- Births and maternity > Crude birth rate: Country's crude birth rate. The crude birth rate is the number of live births for every 1,000 people.
- Births and maternity > Future births: Mid-range estimate for country's population increase due to births from five years prior to the given year. For example, from 2095 to 2100, India's population is expected to rise by 16,181 people due to births. Estimates are from the UN Population Division.
- Births and maternity > Teenage birth rate: Percentage of females aged 15-19 who give birth, out of all females the same age in the country.
- Births and maternity > Total fertility rate: Total fertility rate.
- Deaths > Deaths of infants: An infant death is the death from any cause of a live-born child under one year of age.
- Fertility rate > Total > Births per woman: Total fertility rate represents the number of children that would be born to a woman if she were to live to the end of her childbearing years and bear children in accordance with current age-specific fertility rates.
- Health services > Hospital beds > Per 1,000 people: Hospital beds include inpatient beds available in public, private, general, and specialized hospitals and rehabilitation centers. In most cases beds for both acute and chronic care are included."
- Health services > Physicians > Per 1,000 people: Physicians include generalist and specialist medical practitioners.
- Hospital beds > Per 1,000 people: Hospital beds include inpatient beds available in public, private, general, and specialized hospitals and rehabilitation centers. In most cases beds for both acute and chronic care are included.
- Infant mortality rate > Total: This entry gives the number of deaths of infants under one year old in a given year per 1,000 live births in the same year; included is the total death rate, and deaths by sex, male and female. This rate is often used as an indicator of the level of health in a country.
- Life expectancy at birth > Total population: The average number of years to be lived by a group of people born in the same year, if mortality at each age remains constant in the future. Life expectancy at birth is also a measure of overall quality of life in a country and summarizes the mortality at all ages. It can also be thought of as indicating the potential return on investment in human capital and is necessary for the calculation of various actuarial measures.
- Physicians > Per 1,000 people: Physicians are defined as graduates of any facility or school of medicine who are working in the country in any medical field (practice, teaching, research).
SOURCES: World Development Indicators database; United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; World Health Organisation, OECD, supplemented by country data.; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011
Virgin Islands Health Profiles (Subcategories)
|Births and maternity 12||Life expectancy 3|
|Deaths 3||Life expectancy at birth 6|
|Infant mortality rate 3|