Media > Films produced: Countries Compared
- Country Info
- Films produced
Author: James, Staff Editor
The Internet Movie Database (<a href=http://www.imdb.com/\">IMDB</a>) started as a hobby project by an international group of movie fans and has kept that sensibility. The site has over 400,000 movies catalogued complete with trivia. However, the database is not a complete record of all movies made in all countries, and as the staff is spread over Europe and the United States there is a bias towards movies from those regions. The statistic is best viewed as the number of movies from each country that are shown in those regions.
|Group of 7 countries (G7) average (profile)||225.71||2003|
|Non-religious countries average (profile)||84.67||2003|
|High income OECD countries average (profile)||79.67||2003|
|=41||Serbia and Montenegro||14||2003|
Interesting observations about Media > Films produced
- United States ranked first for films produced amongst High income OECD countries in 2003.
- Canada ranked last for films produced amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 2003.
- France ranked first for films produced amongst European Union in 2003.
- Japan ranked first for films produced amongst Non-religious countries in 2003.
- India ranked first for films produced amongst Emerging markets in 2003.
- All of the top 2 countries by films produced are Former British Colonies'.
- Italy ranked second for films produced amongst NATO countries in 2003.
- China ranked second for films produced amongst Cold countries in 2003.
- Ireland ranked second last for films produced amongst Eurozone in 2003.
- Spain ranked third for films produced amongst Europe in 2003.
Posted on 26 Jun 2005
James, Staff Editor