- Bertelsmann Transformation Index > Management Index 2006: This Index evaluates management by political decision-makers while taking into consideration the level of difficulty. The Management Indexâ€™s overall result is calculated by multiplying the intermediate result with a factor derived from the level of difficulty evaluation.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index > Status Index 2006: The Status Indexâ€™s overall result represents the mean value of the scores for the dimensions â€œPolitical Transformationâ€? and â€œEconomic Transformationâ€?. The mean value was calculated using the exact, unrounded values for both these dimensions, which, in turn, were derived from the ratings for the five political criteria (based on 18 indicators) and the seven economic criteria (based on 14 indicators). The table shows rounded scores for political and economic transformation as well as for the Status Indexâ€™s overall result. In some cases, therefore, the overall result differs slightly from the mean value.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index>Political Transformation: Political Transformation The score for â€?Political Transformationâ€œ is obtained by calculating the mean value of the ratings for the following criteria: Â· Stateness Â· Political Participation Â· Rule of Law Â· Stability of Democratic Institutions Â· Political and Social Integration
- CPIA gender equality rating: Gender equality assesses the extent to which the country has installed institutions and programs to enforce laws and policies that promote equal access for men and women in education, health, the economy, and protection under law.
Civil and political liberties:
Civil and political liberties
Units: Index Ranging from 7 (High Levels of Liberties) to 1 (Low
Units: This is the average of two indicators - civil liberties and political liberties.
Democratic institutions rating:
Units: Scale ranging from -10 (autocratic) to +10 (democratic)
- Female candidacy: Year in which women received the right to stand for election. Data refer to the year in which right to vote or stand for election on a universal and equal basis was recognized. Where two years are shown, the first refers to the first partial recognition of the right to stand for election.
- Female ministers: Women in government at ministerial level in 2000 (as % of total). Data were provided by states based on their definition of national executive and may therefore include women serving as ministers and vice ministers and those holding other ministerial positions, including parliamentary secretaries.
- Female parliamentarians: Seats in parliament held by women (as % of total). Data are as of 8 March 2002. Where there are lower and upper houses, data refer to the weighted average of women's shares of seats in both houses.
- Parliamentary elections > Registered voter turnout: The proportion of registered voters who actually voted.
- Parliamentary elections > Voting age population: International IDEA has chosen to use not only the reported registration rate to calculate turnout percentages, but also the voting age population (VAP) which includes all citizens above the legal voting age
- Presidential elections > Registered voter turnout: The proportion of registered voters who actually voted.
- Presidential elections > Voting age population: International IDEA has chosen to use not only the reported registration rate to calculate turnout percentages, but also the voting age population (VAP) which includes all citizens above the legal voting age
- Presidential elections > Voting age population per 1000: International IDEA has chosen to use not only the reported registration rate to calculate turnout percentages, but also the voting age population (VAP) which includes all citizens above the legal voting age. Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.
Facts and figures about Muslim countries
|Muslim Agriculture 246||Muslim Government 131||Muslim Military 123|
|Muslim Crime 104||Muslim Health 270||Muslim People 498|
|Muslim Disasters 25||Muslim Import 1||Muslim Religion 18|
|Muslim Economy 3336||Muslim Industry 76||Muslim Sports 202|
|Muslim Education 447||Muslim Labor 272||Muslim Terrorism 24|
|Muslim Energy 2024||Muslim Language 8||Muslim Transport 348|
|Muslim Environment 199||Muslim Lifestyle 40|
|Muslim Geography 52||Muslim Media 205|